My Tech Story
A UI/UX Designer, Frontend Developer, and a Student at the University of Ilorin.
- What prompted you to take on this particular role?
I chose the role because it is a problem-solving role and I always have an interest in giving solutions to problems and I love designing.
- How long have you been working in your job role?
- How did you get your tech role?
I got it through a mentor.
- How does your typical workday in your life play out?
After coming back from class at 2 pm, I work on my laptop and if tired, I engage in my favorite hobbies.
- What’s that one thing you wished could be taken off your role’s functions? Better put, a major thorn in your flesh…😅
Hmm😁😎…for UI/UX I will say the stress of getting your User Research done.
- What platform/software/framework/methodology do you enjoy using in the course of working, and what fascinates you about it?
Figma: it has the best design interaction and gives me access to try a lot of tools on it.
VS code: It is a coding tool that looks professional and has a lot of extensions to help coders with.
LinkedIn: I get a lot of design inspiration and motivational talks that keep me going.
- Who do you look up to as a role model in your role and why?
Hmm… I have a lot of role models with different unique personalities that made me choose them; more because of their personalities and their ways of thinking.
- Trying not to sound like that pesky HR… Tell me, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself as a tech lady who serves as a role model to those coming into tech and making my community better.
- Techies are stereotyped as nonchalant; some even claim to work round the clock and have little time for socializing… How true🤷♂️?
Yeah😅 I agree, but not totally true. I am not one of them though, 😂 because I am very social and I can’t blame them for being nonchalant, because the tech industry is overwhelming 🤤.
- What do you have to tell More Techies?
I will tell you to defeat yourself to be the best. You don’t need to be competitive or try to feel depressed because you haven’t reached your goals.
Just take it slow and steady.
- What golden secret can you tell someone trying to get into a similar role as yours to help them succeed?
There are a lot of hurdles you will face in the tech industry. It is not easy as it seems to be, but my belief in making myself better in this tech world and being successful at it is my Golden secret.
- Kindly share a link to your most active social platform. You may just be the light someone has been waiting to connect with.
- If you don’t mind, do you have works/products you’ve worked on that you want to showcase?
Kindly note that my designs there were the design challenges I put myself through; also, check out my designs for the #7DaysofDesign challenge I did with More Techies there too.
- Before I leave you😊, what’s that one thing that’s going/working well for you ✅, that you can consider as a rose🌹, ever since you ventured into your tech field?
My determined mindset. 🤗