My Tech Story
I currently function as the Marketing lead at More Techies, having worked as a Growth Associate with More Techies.
- What prompted you to take on this particular role?
I’m personally a growth and personal development Enthusiast. I also like building businesses and the whole thing that surrounds entrepreneurship interest me.
- How long have you been working in your job role?
- How did you get your tech role?
I started working in tech as a content writer and SEO Specialist which has given me insight into how to grow blogs and websites. I got into Growth after working in SEO and Product marking roles. Recently, I became the Marketing lead at More Techies.
- How does your typical workday in your life play out?
As regards being a Growth associate, I simply move between writing email copy, reaching out to potential leads, and cooking up Growth and Sales strategies.
- What platform do you enjoy using in the course of working and what fascinates you about it?
Interestingly, I play a particular music on repeat at the loudest whenever I want to engage in Copywriting. I do this because it allows my mind and attention to focus on the persona and it helps me express myself without distracting away from the persona
- What’s that one thing you wished could be taken off your role’s functions? Better put, a major thorn in your flesh…😅
Sales Calls, it’s just too stressful for me 🤣
- What do you think would make you perform better at what you do? (You never can tell who’s reading this presently)
Access to Growth Courses and books
- Who do you look up to as a role model in your role and why?
I am generally a business person and I look up to Simon Sinek when it comes to Business Leadership.
- Trying not to sound like that troublesome HR… Tell me, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Start-up Founder whose Startup is making $5 million yearly in revenue.
- Techies are stereotyped as nonchalant; some even claim to work around the clock and have little time for socializing… How true🤷♂️?
Very True. Working in a startup means you’re engaging in a fast-changing environment that makes techies work round the clock.
- What do you have to tell More Techies?
More Techies doesn’t leave their students after teaching them a skill, More Techies sticks with them and help them navigate to their first paying role or internship.
Growth is in More Techies’ DNA and it’s contagious. You guys are doing an incredibly amazing job. Keep up the good work.
- What golden secret can you tell someone trying to get into a similar role as yours to help them succeed?
Put yourself out there and join communities.
- Kindly share a link to your most active social platform. You may be the light someone has been waiting to connect with.