My Tech Story
I currently work as a Product Manager at T40.
- What prompted you to take on this particular role?
The details of the job, knowing fully well that I can influence people who use my product and make I help make their life easier.
- How long have you been working in your job role?
- How did you get your tech role?
I applied via LinkedIn as well as reached out to a few people inside the company so that I get an opportunity to interview.
- How does your typical workday in your life play out?
I start off my day by checking my emails (personal and work mail), I also tend to respond to messages if any. My next line of action is to catch up on updates from work going on.
I constantly have a lot of meeting, some of them are having to update stakeholders, me joining meetings for products I influence, and a lot more.
Then, apart from meeting till the end of the day, I also do some work in completing documentation from previous work.
- What platform do you enjoy using in the course of working and what fascinates you about it?
I enjoy using slack. Let’s just say I have to be on slack 24/7 because I work remotely.
- What do you think would make you perform better at what you do? (You never can tell who’s reading this presently)
Being able to have control over my time, I think I don’t have time often to do other things.
- Who do you look up to as a role model in your role and why?
I look up to a lot of people like a lot. I don’t know who to mention first lol.
I think my topmost is Azodo Nnamdi.
- Trying not to sound like that troublesome HR… Tell me, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Owning a startup I will enjoy building.
- Techies are stereotyped as nonchalant; some even claim to work around the clock and have little time for socializing… How true🤷♂️?
Lol… no, I think techies’ works are flexible although I would say depends on where you work.
For me, my work is flexible. I have time for socials and still deliver always.
- What do you have to tell More Techies?
More Techies, 🤗.
I got my Job right in the middle of my TAP program, I am one of the members of Cell 1. More Techies through the TAP program (Talent Accelerator Program) gave me the opportunity to have hands-on experience working with teams and trying to manage them to get the work done.
With the lesson learned, I have been able to probably work and maintain teams to make sure the work is a job and everyone is happy for getting the work completed.
- What golden secret can you tell someone trying to get into a similar role as yours to help them succeed?
Yes. I think putting yourself out there. Just try your luck reaching out to people this can be a start-up founder or any person. Just pitch yourself as much as possible and hope for the best.
I think I will also say, don’t stop just continue putting yourself out there.
- Kindly share a link to your most active social platform. You may be the light someone has been waiting to connect with.
- Hey Techie✌🏻… being sincere, what else do you wish to tell us? You might just see it happen/finally get someone inspired! You gerriit?😉👍🏼
More Techies gave me an opportunity to work as an APM. If you are probably in More Techies’ TAP, I would suggest you put in the work. The results from the effort will get you the help you need in the long run.