My Tech Story
Pereira Oluwa Bimpe Miracle
I am a Digital Marketer and the Founder & CEO of the Digital Bimpe blog.
- What prompted you to take on this particular role?
This is because I love what I do and am passionate as well consistent in my Brand.
- How long have you been working in your job role?
- How did you get your tech role?
How I got my role in tech started in the year 2016, unknown to me I was already a tech freelancer but I didn’t see it that way because I am in media as well and studied Journalism.
While starting with SEO Blogging and Website Management it never occurred to me I was doing digital marketing until 2021 when I had to leave my salary job to start the journey of entrepreneurship.
- How does your typical workday in your life play out?
It’s not like a salary job where there is a time shift; as tech Entrepreneurs, we can be awake all through the night non-stop.
There are days we take breaks and there are days we don’t.
We work 24/7.
- Every role has its hurdles. What are yours and how do you troubleshoot them?
Customers Wahala – They don’t pay well and they want a premium but, it’s not so. You pay the premium and you get the premium, but being able to handle how to ensure the job is done successfully is by God’s grace, I don’t just rely on my strength, talent, and skills.
Electricity is also another challenge so I resolve that by using solar panels so that I can do my job effectively.
Internet – The Government taxes network providers even before it happens because I know that most of my funds go to the Internet, and as a tech expert aside from electricity that we need 24/7, the internet is also one of them. So, I charge for data plans because that way I can do my job accurately.
- What do you think would make you perform better at what you do? (You never can tell who’s reading this presently)
That would be people like Tony Elumelu, Alico Dangote, Otedola, Davido, Burna Boy, DJ Cuppy, Zeze Mills, Juliet Adenuga, and Linda Ikeji.
Reading about them, listening to them, and seeing their impacts around me makes me want to do more and better!
- Who do you look up to as a role model in your role and why?
Oprah Winfrey – she is the Queen for me; I love her so much. Then, followed by Okonjo Iweala; two powerful women.
- Trying not to sound like that pesky HR… Tell me, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Having an Academy to empower the youths in skills acquisitions by God’s grace.
Having a bigger shop to expand my business not just locally but internationally.
I also won’t mind venturing into politics as a media and marketing expert who understands history and government.
- Techies are stereotyped as nonchalant; some even claim to work round the clock and have little time for socializing… How true🤷♂️?
It is true that we work extremely hard.
It is untrue that we are bored because we aren’t, we are social and could also be anti-social 💯
We love to play games, listen to good music, eat good food and hang around friends and family and we love to have our space so we can think properly and do jobs effectively.
- What impact has More Techies had on you and your role?
More Techies is an educational platform that empowers the youth to get jobs and gain skills which is impressive; they hold seminars like live sessions (Clubhouse sessions), where experts are brought to share their wealth of knowledge to help young vibrant youths have a clear understanding of their pathway in the tech space and likewise support tech entrepreneurs.
- What golden secret can you tell someone trying to get into a similar role as yours to help them succeed?
Believe In Yourself
Attend Seminars both online and physical
- Do you have any milestone you think wouldn’t have been achieved?…but, alas! You smashed it!💪🏽🚀🤝
Publishing my first book felt hard at first, but in the middle and last, it was worth the experience.
- Hey Triber✌🏻… being sincere, what else do you wish to tell us? You might just see it happen/finally get someone inspired! You gerriit?😉👍🏼
Bestselling Author of “A Simple Life” Book which is on Okadabooks
I own a Mini Shop where I sell products like Books, Bluetooth Speakers, Drinks & Snacks asides from running a Digital Marketing Agency.
- Kindly share a link to your most active social platform. You may just be the light someone has been waiting to connect with.
- If you don’t mind, do you have works/products you’ve worked on that you want to showcase?
- Before I leave you😊, what’s that one thing that’s going/working well for you ✅, that you can consider as a rose🌹, ever since you ventured into your field of tech?
Consistency is key for me and discipline.
It’s one thing to be consistent, it’s another thing to be disciplined; have both.