My Tech Story
I am presently a UI/UX Designer still in training. I previously worked as a Customer Service Representative in a financial institution for 2 years and 9 months.
- How long have you been working in your job role?
I’m just a few weeks into UI/UX Design.
- How did you get your tech role?
More Techies inspired that passion.
- How does your typical workday in your life play out?
I am currently learning UI/UX Design and not working; but when I was, it was too busy that I barely had time for myself.
- Every role has its hurdles. What are yours and how do you troubleshoot them?
Well, as a newbie I have some challenges; initially, I didn’t know how to use mockups, but the challenge (#7DaysofDesign) spurred me to do further research on how to add mockups to a design.
- What do you think would make you perform better at what you do? (You never can tell who’s reading this presently)
I am transitioning into tech; getting an internship opportunity would be a great opportunity for me.
- Who do you look up to as a role model in your role and why?
Everyone in the tech industry inspires me, they are all pushing me to do better.
- Trying not to sound like that pesky HR… Tell me, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Doing better for myself, succeeding in my dream job, and traveling around the world.
- Techies are stereotyped as nonchalant; some even claim to work round the clock and have little time for socializing… How true🤷♂️?
Partially true, depends on the person.
- What impact has More Techies had on you and your role?
Good learning experience, the Bootcamp spurred me into learning more.
- What golden secret can you tell someone trying to get into a similar role as yours to help them succeed?
Find what you have passion for and put practice into it.
- Do you have any milestone you think wouldn’t have been achieved?…but, alas! You smashed it!💪🏽🚀🤝
It is this UI/UX design.
- Hey Triber✌🏻… being sincere, what else do you wish to tell us? You might just see it happen/finally get someone inspired! You gerriit?😉👍🏼
I want an internship-paid job opportunity in this field; it will help me to grow.
- Kindly share a link to your most active social platform. You may just be the light someone has been waiting to connect with.
- If you don’t mind, do you have works/products you’ve worked on that you want to showcase?
Yes, on Behance. I’m a newbie still actively learning; however, I recently participated in the just concluded #7DaysofDesign that More Techies organized, and below is the link to my works.
- Before I leave you😊, what’s that one thing that’s going/working well for you ✅, that you can consider as a rose🌹, ever since you ventured into your field of tech?
I love designing and I love being creative.