My Tech Story
I currently work as a freelance Product Designer.
- What prompted you to take on this particular role?
My strong passion for Product Design.
- How long have you been working in your job role?
Over a year.
- How did you get your tech role?
Networking, connections, and a decent portfolio.
- How does your typical workday in your life play out?
For me, it’s music and work…I explore a lot, research, and surf the net.
- What platform do you enjoy using in the course of working and what fascinates you about it?
That would be Figma.
This is because of its user-friendly interface, the community, and its amazing features.
- What’s that one thing you wished could be taken off your role’s functions? Better put, a major thorn in your flesh…😅
A major thorn for me is how most gigs and companies tend to shy away from working with Designers based in Nigeria because of our rotten reputation.😔
- What do you think would make you perform better at what you do? (You never can tell who’s reading this presently)
– A higher pay
– Better electricity
– Unlimited data.
- Who do you look up to as a role model in your role and why?
- Trying to not sound like that troublesome HR… Tell me, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
A much better and fulfilled place in my career than I am right now.
- Techies are stereotyped as nonchalant; some even claim to work around the clock and have little time for socializing… How true🤷♂️?
I would say this depends on your personality.
- What do you have to tell More Techies?
More Techies is a community like a family, resourceful and full of opportunities. I recommend More Techies to anyone out there wanting to start his or her journey as a techie or anyone already a techie.
More techies helped further clarify my path as a Designer. The Bootcamp was very helpful and I made my very first social media post on a design from there.
- What golden secret can you tell someone trying to get into a similar role as yours to help them succeed?
Keep at it!
- Do you have any milestone you think wouldn’t have been achieved?…but, alas! You smashed it!💪🏽🚀🤝
Case studies used to be a herculean task some months ago; looking back now, I’m grateful for growth.
- Hey Techie✌🏻… being sincere, what else do you wish to tell us? You might see it happen/finally get someone inspired! You gerriit?😉👍🏼
Emphasizing this again – Keep at it!
It’s not going to be easy but it is relative; stay consistent and hardworking. Good luck!
- Kindly share a link to your most active social platform. You may be the light someone has been waiting to connect with.
- If you don’t mind, do you have works/products you’ve worked on that you want to showcase?
Yes, on Behance. Check it out here – https://www.behance.net/ayodejiboluwatife
- Before I leave you😊, what’s that one thing that’s going/working well for you ✅, that you can consider as a rose🌹, ever since you ventured into your field of tech?
Simply put, my consistency.