My Tech Story
I work as a UI/UX Designer (Intern) at the Talent Accelerator Program by More Techies.
- Why have you chosen this role?
My first digital skill is graphic design, but I have always wanted to do more, it felt like I was doing the wrong thing when designing, graphics design is unguided and is usually designer centered and that is not my type, I like things planned and organized, so I decided to move to the next level of design and UX/UI Design was it
- How long have you been working in your job role?
A couple of weeks now.
- How did you get your tech role?
Through more techies; the odds were stacked against me, but I decided to try my luck (either I win by getting the job or I win by getting the experience).
- What is a typical workday in your life like? (Kindly explain like you’re explaining to a 6yr old 😁)
Hectic and fast, I do plan and list out things to achieve for the day, that is the only way I can utilize more of my time.
- Challenges come with every role. What are yours and how are you facing them?
Limitless information and resources out there, they are overwhelming you don’t know which one to adsorb, sometimes they contradict themselves, another one is no one to answer the important question, and when I do get answers it is always generic, not to talk of the data and power supply issue 😂😂😂
- What do you think would make you perform better at what you do? (You never know who’s reading 😉)
I need a mentor!!!!!
If I can get a mentor, the journey will be less rough and the time spent will be more productive.
- What golden secret can you tell someone trying to get into a similar role as yours to help them succeed?
Plan progress else you will drown in the ocean of limitless information and resources in tech.
Don’t wait till it’s right, start now right away and always connect with others, and lastly, classroom lectures are not enough you need to grow by any means legally possible.
- Not to sound like that annoying interviewer at the recruitment table, but… Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Where I see myself 5 years from now in tech, is to be designing and collaborating with the kings of tech globally.
- It is said that people in tech work ‘haaarrrddd!’ (Some have even said they are boring. Walls have ears);🤐 How true?
Obviously, tech is hard and we invariably have to work hard too, but they never mentioned this to me 😂😂😂😂, and to be fair no industry is easy, just that tech is under more pressure now.
Truth is these days we find it difficult to keep a conversation, and it becomes worst when you are interacting with a techie because he/she can’t be stressed by tech and still want to be stressed by others because of conversation, either it flowing or not, no need to force it.
- What you do for fun. Please tell us how you unwind.
I spend most of my time sleeping or watching movies, most times, I hang out with family and friends.
- What impact has More Techies had on you and your role?
More techies have helped me a lot, they provided the platform to get my first internship, and they also create this feeling of belonging, funny enough when I come online I stop at the more techies before even heading over to the group platform where I did my Bootcamp.
- Just between us, (not exactly promising our readers won’t get the scoop 😎), what else would you like to tell us?
Keep up the good work guys and God bless all of us.
- Kindly share a link to your most active social platform. You may just be the light someone has been waiting to connect with.
- If you don’t mind, do you have works/products you’ve worked on that you want to showcase?
http://www.medkollate.com (That is the only work I have for now; Also, this particular project is currently on hold due to some circumstances beyond control at the moment).